© Università degli Studi di Padova - Credits: HCE Web agency
On the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989-2019), Peace Human Rights Governance (PHRG) - the multi-disciplinary journal of the University of Padova Human Rights Centre “Antonio Papisca” – is devoting a special issue of the Journal to “Challenges and opportunities for children’s rights facing developments in technology”.
To this end, PHRG welcomes original research articles addressing the human rights of children in relation to new technologies issues from a wealth of disciplinary domains. Topics of interest for this call may include:
- Challenges and opportunities of social media in a children’s rights perspective;
- Are progresses in Artificial Intelligence children’s rights-sensitive?;
- Issues relating to children’s forms of surrogacy and other forms of reproductive assistance;
- Assisted reproductive technologies in a children’s rights perspective;
- Biomedicine developments and children’s rights;
- Children’s right to education and the long-term impact of new technologies;
- Children’s rights and fostering innovation in an Agenda 2030 perspective;
- Protection and participation of children in the digital era;
- Children’s rights in the “smart city”;
- Children’s rights and contemporary urban planning;
- Girls’ rights and cyber-violence;
Manuscripts, formatted following the journal guidelines, should be sent to email@example.com by Sunday 30th June 2019.
PHRG is a scientific, entirely open access and peer reviewed, journal published three times a year – in March, July and November – in English by Padova University Press. It aims to present original contributions, both theoretical, methodological and empirical, to current human rights issues while actively favouring the development of a solid multi- and inter-disciplinary, and multi-level approach to human rights research and dissemination. The Journal is supported by the University of Padova UNESCO Chair “Human Rights, Democracy and Peace”.
All published articles, the members of the international editorial board and all relevant information about the journal and this call are available at: http://phrg.padovauniversitypress.it/.