Proposal of seminar activities (academic year 2011/2012)
The Master Degree Course in Institutions and Policies of human rights and peace of the University of Padua organises, in February and March 2012, a cycle of seminars on the topic of "Human rights and peace: Current issues," with the partnership of the European Master in human rights and democratisation.
The seminars are included in the didactic offer of the University of Padua, in relation to the above mentioned European Master, and are reserved to students who choose Padua as the venue for their second semester courses. This year, the programme also opens to a small number of students of the Master Degree course.
The seminars will be held at the Human Rights Centre and they will be run in English by professors of the University of Padua or other Universities.
The seminars offered in the 2012 edition are as follows:
1. Intercultural dialogue in the EU, Prof. Léonce Bekemans, 8 hours; scheduled dates: 21-22 February; March – to be defined
2. Gender Approach to the Internationalisation of Human Rights, Prof. Paola Degani, 8 hours; dates to be defined
3. Human rights law and humanitarian law: overlapping and cross-fertilisation, Prof. Paolo De Stefani, 16 hours; scheduled dates: 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29 March
4. Dialogue with Islam, Prof. Vincenzo Pace, 8 hours; dates to be defined
5. Armament and Arms Control, Prof. Alessandro Pascolini, 8 hours; dates to be defined
6. Religions and Politics, Prof. Sara Silvestri, City University, London, 8 hours; scheduled dates: May 7, 8, 9
The page of this initiative is available in Italian. Accessing theItalian page of the seminars, you are leaving the English version of the website.