© Università degli Studi di Padova - Credits: HCE Web agency
As the backlash against human rights, particularly women's rights, continues unabated around the world, and especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is imperative now more than ever to consider creative, resilient and sustainable strategies for advocacy and activism. NGO activism and shadow reporting have been a critical resource for scaling up and documenting, monitoring and advocacy processes by women's rights groups to make visible the realities experienced by women, build alliances and hold member states to account.
The current webinar will bring together regional experts who have been involved in the promotion and advancement of women's and girls' rights.
• Lois A. Herman Managing Director WUNRN - Women’s UN Report Network
• Shanthi Dairiam Founder and Member, Board of Directors - IWRAW Asia Pacific Former CEDAW Committee member
• Simona Lanzoni Second vice-president of Grevio-Group of Experts on Action against Violence against Women and Domestic Violence Council of Europe
• Emilia Reyes Program Director, Policies and Budgets for Equality and Sustainable Development Gender Equity: Citizenship, Work and Family
• Nicoletta Dentico Head of the Global Health Programme Society for International Development (SID)
For registration please visit the website attached below.